In 2010 the Heart of Medford Association in conjunction with the City of Medford conducted a market analysis and business development plan for downtown Medford. The purpose of this plan was to identify business opportunities and develop marketing strategies that would attract both businesses and customers to Medford's downtown district. The result of this study, which was conducted by Marketek, Inc. of Portland, was published in April, 2010 in a document called the Medford Retail Market Analysis & Business Development Plan. Summary findings of that report were:
• Supportable demand for additional downtown entertainment venues space equals more than twice the existing entertainment space in downtown Medford.
• Food and entertainment retail businesses remain strong urban components and are predicted to remain so, often serving as downtown anchors.
• Recommended target business opportunities for downtown Medford include: movie theatre, concert/live music hall, live theatre and dinner theatre.
• A strong majority (57.1%) of the respondents to the associated survey conducted by Marketek believes that downtown Medford is missing both an adequate supply of restaurants and a movie theatre.
• A majority (53.1%) believe that downtown Medford needs more live music and concert events.
• Second only to easily available parking, preservation of Medford’s historic downtown buildings was the downtown amenity survey respondents most want to preserve.
Marketek's full report is linked below.
The above document(s) are Adobe® Acrobat® PDF files and may be viewed using the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™. Most newer web browsers already contain the Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™ plug-in. However, if you need it, click on the "Get Acrobat® Reader™" icon to download it now.